OpenGLEAN Shapes Development
(discussion via home page)
(contact via home page)
The latest list is available at http://OpenGLEAN.SourceForge.net/shapes/todo.html.
Bug reports and other suggestions should be directed to the developers at this time.
- Remove most of these to \todo, \bug, or \note annotations.
- Drop the ones that no longer apply.
- In the Atlantis demo modified to draw a solid torus instead of a mother whale, the torus is not shaded according to the lighting. This is true with both GLUT and freeglut. With freeglut, when you bring up a menu the shading used to turn on but doesn't any longer; with GLUT it never did and still does not. Interestingly, if you change to a teapot it is shaded, but other geometric shapes are not shaded. (NB: This was probably caused by the fact that many of freeglut's shapes were drawn with backwards winding, resulting in inside-out lighting. I fixed this in OpenGLUT and freeglut imported those changes verbatim, so freeglut probably now works. I believe that this has never been an issue for OpenGLEAN, much less the separated shapes library. GLUT seems to have had at least the teapot inverted, even.)
- In the "gliq" demo, the cones forming the ends of the arrows in the "select board" are lighted differently in freeglut than they are in GLUT. (NB: Dunno about this demo, but if the "arrows" were made with the geometric shapes (cones, etc.), my guess is that this is again the inverted lighting, which I fixed for OpenGLUT, and freeglut copied verbatim. OpenGLEAN and the separated shapes library are probably okay.)
- Global glutSolidSierpinskiSponge
- Consider removing the offset parameter from the API (use a helper function).
num_levels should really be unsigned.
- Global glutSolidTetrahedron
- See todo-list on glutWireTetrahedron().
- Global glutWireOctahedron
- It may be faster (and look better) to draw each edge once, setting the Normal at each edge. (I don't think that this matters all that much, but a lineloop was proposed for the wire Cube for speed.)
- Global glutWireSierpinskiSponge
- Refer to the TODO entries for glutWireSierpinksySponge().
- Global glutWireTetrahedron
- Merge r0 r1 r2 and r3 into one array.
Put the normals into the (or an) array.
Make the array static const, with file scope, and share with glutSolidTetrahedron().
Maybe consolidate with the SierpinskySponge?
Supported in part by SourceForge.net.
Generated on Fri Sep 9 18:03:39 2005 for OpenGLEAN'sgleanshapes by
The OpenGLEAN project is hosted by